- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Official: Hope For Arsenal As Vucinic’s Move To Inter OFF
There has been a dramatic twist in the future of Mirko Vucinic after Inter Milan pulled out of their proposed swap deal at the 11th hour.
Vucinic was all set to move to the San Siro as part of a player swap deal involving Fredy Guarin. The two players had said their goodbyes to team mates and agreed personal terms with the two clubs.
However, there were rumours flying about this morning that some ‘hard core’ Inter Milan fans had demanded to meet with club president Erick Thohir to strongly oppose the purchase of Vucinic, and it seems the supporters have got their way.
The Serie A club have now released an official statement on their website confirming that they have pulled out of the proposed deal, claiming that their ‘economic and technical conditions were not met’.
This opens the door for Arsenal to renew their interest in Vucinic after we were understood to have held talks with the players agent over a potential move to the Emirates.
Reports over the weekend claimed we wanted to sign the Montenegrin international striker on loan with a view to making it permanent in the summer, but Juve would prefer a straight sale now.
It remains to be seen how the collapse of the Guarin swap deal will chance their stance, but Vucinic is now back on the market and available if Wenger really wants him.