- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
PHOTO: Arsenal Ace Confirms He’ll Miss Spurs Clash With Bedridden Selfie
Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud has unfortunately confirmed he will miss tonight’s crunch FA Cup clash with Tottenham Hotspur.
The Frenchman missed our game against Cardiff on Wednesday with an ankle injury but was in-line to return against Spurs today after the problem cleared up.
However, Arsene Wenger confirmed at his pre-match press conference on Friday that Giroud had been struck down by a sickness bug and was tucked up in bed, making him a doubt to face Tottenham.
Arsenal fans were praying he would make a miraculous recovery overnight but our fears have now been realised with Giroud posting a photo on his Instagram account of him lying in bed, accompanied by a caption saying he is still sick and will be watching the game from home today.
It’s a huge blow as without Giroud we have no real focal point in attack. Lukas Podolski deputised against Cardiff but was largely disappointing. It’s only when Bendtner came on did we start to really threaten and he eventually found the breakthrough. Unfortunately the Dane is also injured so we have few options up front tonight.
Still a bit sick… Then i'll watch the north london derby at home All the best to you guys! http://t.co/9pjqaOMIfW
— Olivier Giroud (@_OlivierGiroud_) January 4, 2014