- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
“My Knee Is OK!” Giroud Tweet Eases Fears Over Injury
Arsenal fans held their breath fearing the worst when Olivier Giroud received treatment to a knee injury during the dying minutes of Saturday’s 3-1 win over Sunderland.
Boss Arsene Wenger seemed to suggest that the Frenchman had in fact picked up an injury during his post match interview, telling Arsenal.com:
on if Giroud is injured…
That’s my worry today after the game. We are very thin at the moment. [It is] a knee problem. He is the player at the moment that would be very difficult for us [to replace].
We’ve lost Santi Cazorla, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mikel Arteta and Lukas Podolski in recent weeks but Giroud’s loss would have been devastating to the team due to our lack of cover up front. He is the one player we simply can not do without, until January at least.
So it comes as a HUGE relief that Giroud himself has taken to Twitter to ease fears over his fitness, telling his followers on Saturday night that his knee is fine.
My knee is ok dont worry! Thanks for your support!
— Olivier Giroud (@_OlivierGiroud_) September 14, 2013
I’m sure I’m not the only Arsenal fan who’s delighted with this news. Giroud has become a key player for us this season and his link-up play with Wilshere, Ozil and Ramsey was a joy to watch at times on Saturday.
If he stays fit he’ll bag 25 goals this season and could even lead us to a trophy, but if he gets injured any time soon, we’re in big trouble.