- Arsenal boss claims Sanchez will sign new deal + Ozil update
- Arsenal well positioned to secure £50m deal for 31-goal hitman
- Key duo recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Leicester
- [Photos] Double injury boost as Arsenal duo train ahead of Leicester
- Arsenal battling to sign £33m Ligue 1 star
- Team news: Wenger offers injury update on Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
Bundesliga ace undergoes medical ahead of Arsenal move, terms also agreed
According to a report in the Metro, Sead Kolasinac has undergone a medical with Arsenal after agreeing personal terms over his free transfer move from Schalke.
Kolasinac is out-of-contract in June and is set to leave Schalke after failing to agree terms over a new deal and he’s been chased by some of Europe’s biggest clubs.
Sky Sports News claimed earlier this week that their sources in Germany said the Bosnian international had opted for Arsenal ahead of the likes of Chelsea and Juventus but Arsene Wenger insisted at his press conference this morning that a deal wasn’t concluded yet.
However, the Metro are reporting this evening that Kolasinac has in-fact now undergone a medical with Arsenal after agreeing personal terms over a four year contract.
The 23-year-old looks set to become our first signing of the summer and his arrival is expected to signal the exit of Nacho Monreal with Kolasinac replacing the Spaniard as our first choice left-back.
Obviously we need to wait for official confirmation to come out before getting too excited but Kolasinac would be an excellent signing on a free transfer if we do end up winning the race for his signature.
He’s developed in to one of the best attacking full-backs in the Bundesliga in recent years and he’d fit in perfectly in the left wing-back position if Wenger decides to make a permanent switch to a 3-4-3 next season.
We all know Arsene plays his cards close to his chest so I wouldn’t read too much in to what he said today and I wouldn’t be surprised if these reports are accurate and Kolasinac is on the verge of signing for Arsenal.
It would be a great start to our summer business but there is plenty left to do if we’re to become genuine title challengers again….