- Arsenal boss claims Sanchez will sign new deal + Ozil update
- Arsenal well positioned to secure £50m deal for 31-goal hitman
- Key duo recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Leicester
- [Photos] Double injury boost as Arsenal duo train ahead of Leicester
- Arsenal battling to sign £33m Ligue 1 star
- Team news: Wenger offers injury update on Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
Key Arsenal duo in danger of missing FA Cup clash with Man City
Arsenal duo Danny Welbeck and Shkodran Mustafi will need to be assessed ahead of Sunday’s FA Cup semi-final against Manchester City.
Welbeck missed last night’s 2-1 win over Middlesbrough after picking up a minor toe injury in training last week with Olivier Giroud coming in to lead the line up front.
Mustafi also sat out the trip to the Riverside after suffering a thigh problem with youngster Rob Holding coming in to make a rare start alongside Gabriel and Laurent Koscielny in Arsene Wenger’s new-look back three.
It looks like the duo are still doubts to face City as injury analyst Ben Dinnery says that Welbeck and Mustafi will need to be assessed ahead of the Wembley show-piece this coming weekend.
Giroud struggled to have an impact against Boro last night so hopefully Welbeck is passed fit to start against City as we desperately need his pace and mobility against Pep Guardiola’s men.
I wasn’t convinced by Gabriel in right position of the back three last night and it’s a role that I think would suit Mustafi perfectly so hopefully the German international is also ready to return for the FA Cup semi-final clash on Sunday.
We head in to the weekend game off the back of a vital win at Middlesbrough which kept alive our fading hopes of finishing in the top four but the focus on Sunday afternoon will be to book our place in the FA Cup final for the third time in the last four years.
Danny Welbeck [toe] and Shkodran Mustafi [thigh] will be assessed ahead of this weekends' FA Cup semi-final against Man City. #AFC
— Ben Dinnery (@BenDinnery) April 18, 2017