- Arsenal boss claims Sanchez will sign new deal + Ozil update
- Arsenal well positioned to secure £50m deal for 31-goal hitman
- Key duo recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Leicester
- [Photos] Double injury boost as Arsenal duo train ahead of Leicester
- Arsenal battling to sign £33m Ligue 1 star
- Team news: Wenger offers injury update on Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
Club legend confirms he’ll ‘do anything’ to return to Arsenal
Arsenal legend Ian Wright has told The Sun he’d do anything to return to the club in some capacity but feels Arsene Wenger wouldn’t have him back due to his outspoken nature.
Wright wrote himself into the Arsenal history books after scoring 185 goals in 288 appearances during a seven year spell which saw him lift the Premier League title as well 2 FA Cup’s, the League Cup and the Cup Winners’ Cup.
The former striker has been working as a TV pundit for several years and just like in his playing days, Wright isn’t afraid to speak his mind and lately he’s been extremely focal about what’s going on at his beloved Arsenal.
With the club at arguably it’s lowest point in over 20 years, Wright has been speaking to The Sun newspaper and revealed that he would be prepared to do anything to be part of Arsenal FC again.
However, the 53-year-old feels Wenger wouldn’t want him at the club as he believes the boss doesn’t want anyone around who will be prepared to stick up to him on footballing matters.
“If Arsenal asked me to go there in any capacity, to do ANYTHING, I would go there. At the end of the day, he’s got people around him that he loves.
“Gilles Grimandi, people like Robert Pires. Those people aren’t going to front him up. Martin Keown is the only one that’s fronted him in the last couple of years and he got him out.
“Told Martin to shut up, that he talks too much No-one around Arsene Wenger can front him up and say ‘you’re wrong.’”
I’m sure many fans would love to see Wrighty back at the club as a striker coach as he was one of the best finishers I’ve ever seen but as he says, there is no way he’d be hired under Wenger.
Wright is far too outspoken and confrontational for Wenger as the Frenchman likes to have ‘yes-men’ around him. It’s the main reason the likes of Tony Adams and Patrick Vieira are also not involved at Arsenal.
Most of us want a change in manager this summer and I just pray that when Wenger does finally leave, his replacement does the right thing and brings in a few legends to get involved in the club.