- Arsenal boss claims Sanchez will sign new deal + Ozil update
- Arsenal well positioned to secure £50m deal for 31-goal hitman
- Key duo recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Leicester
- [Photos] Double injury boost as Arsenal duo train ahead of Leicester
- Arsenal battling to sign £33m Ligue 1 star
- Team news: Wenger offers injury update on Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
Arsenal plotting summer swoop for £21m German star
According to a report in the Sun, Arsenal are plotting a summer swoop for Schalke’s £21m-rated midfielder Leon Goretzka at the end of the season.
Despite on-going doubts surrounding his own future, Arsene Wenger is pressing ahead with his transfer plans for next season and it looks like a new midfielder is on the agenda.
Wenger is looking to revamp his squad after familiar problems have resulted in us dropping out of the top four and suffering another humiliating defeat in the Champions League last-16.
Central midfield has been a problem area for us this season with Santi Cazorla missing for most of the campaign while the likes of Aaron Ramsey and Francis Coquelin have struggled to find form.
It seems the boss has now got his eye on Goretzka as the Sun are quoting a story coming from German outlet Bild that claims Arsenal are plotting a summer swoop for the Schalke star.
Goretzka is approaching the final year of his contract and is yet to agree new terms so Schalke are expected to cash-in this summer rather than risk losing him for nothing in 2018.
However, they aren’t ready to sell on the cheap as the newspaper says that the Bundesliga side will demand £21m for the 22-year-old’s signature despite his delicate contract situation.
Goretzka has developed in to one of the best central midfielders in German football during his time with Schalke and has been capped by the German national team so he has a huge future ahead of him.
The youngster would be a big upgrade on Coquelin and at £21m, he’d be an excellent deal in today’s market so I’d love to see us land Goretzka this summer.