- Arsenal boss claims Sanchez will sign new deal + Ozil update
- Arsenal well positioned to secure £50m deal for 31-goal hitman
- Key duo recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Leicester
- [Photos] Double injury boost as Arsenal duo train ahead of Leicester
- Arsenal battling to sign £33m Ligue 1 star
- Team news: Wenger offers injury update on Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
Arsenal boss confirms double injury boost + key man ruled out
Arsene Wenger has been speaking at his press conference this morning and he’s offered a mixed team news update ahead of Arsenal’s clash with West Ham tomorrow night.
Let’s start with the good news and it looks as though Aaron Ramsey and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will return to the squad and be back in contention on Wednesday.
Ramsey missed the draw with Manchester City on Sunday afternoon due to a minor calf injury but he trained yesterday and will have a test today to see if he’ll be available for selection.
Oxlade-Chamberlain also sat out the game at the weekend because of a hamstring problem but he also trained on Monday and is aiming to pass a fitness test this afternoon, but Wenger says there is a good chance they’ll be involved in the squad against West Ham.
Now on to the bad news and Laurent Koscielny has been ruled out of the game tomorrow after being forced off at half time during the 2-2 draw with City after tweaking his Achilles.
Wenger says Koscielny will undergo a scan later today to determine the full extent of the injury but he could be out for a few weeks if there’s a small rupture. Let’s hope it’s just inflammation as it would be a huge blow to lose Kos at this stage of the season.
As we already knew, Petr Cech will miss the West Ham game with a calf problem so David Ospina will continue in goal while Lucas Perez is out with a thigh strain and Santi Cazorla won’t play again this season.
Here is what Arsene said this morning:
Wenger: "Chamberlain and Ramsey have a test today. There is a good chance they are back. We lose Koscielny. How long? I don't know."
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) April 4, 2017
Wenger says Koscielny's Achilles problem "is certainly serious." Could be out weeks if scan shows there's a small rupture.
— Mattias Karén (@MattiasKaren) April 4, 2017