- Arsenal boss claims Sanchez will sign new deal + Ozil update
- Arsenal well positioned to secure £50m deal for 31-goal hitman
- Key duo recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Leicester
- [Photos] Double injury boost as Arsenal duo train ahead of Leicester
- Arsenal battling to sign £33m Ligue 1 star
- Team news: Wenger offers injury update on Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
Arsenal plotting swoop for N’Golo Kante mark II
According to the Mirror, Arsenal are plotting a summer swoop for Everton midfielder Idrissa Gueye as Arsene Wenger tries to strengthen our midfield this summer.
Despite on-going doubts over his future, Wenger is pressing ahead with transfer plans for the summer and it looks as though a defensive midfielder is on his agenda.
The boss admitted at his press conference on Thursday that the team is lacking defensive stability and protection for the back four has been a long-standing issue in recent years.
The Mirror claim that Wenger will finally look to rectify the problem this summer and is now ready to make a formal swoop for Everton’s Idrissa Gueye.
The Senegal international has impressed during spells at Aston Villa and Everton and he’s been likened to Chelsea star N’Golo Kante. And it’s easy to see why as Gueye was second only to Kante for tackles and interceptions last season while he was statistically the best ball-winner in Europe in 2016.
We were crazy to miss out on Kante last summer so it looks like Wenger is now going for the next best thing in Gueye but it remains to be seen whether we’ll be able to get a deal agreed with the Toffees.
Everton are financially secure now after being taken over by Farhad Moshiri and I’m sure they’ll do all they can to keep hold of the tough-tackling 27-year-old this summer.
Even if the Merseysiders do agree to cash-in, we’ll face plenty of competition as the Mirror claim that Man Utd, Sevilla, Valencia, RB Leipzig and Bayer Leverkusen are also keen on signing Gueye.