- Arsenal boss claims Sanchez will sign new deal + Ozil update
- Arsenal well positioned to secure £50m deal for 31-goal hitman
- Key duo recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Leicester
- [Photos] Double injury boost as Arsenal duo train ahead of Leicester
- Arsenal battling to sign £33m Ligue 1 star
- Team news: Wenger offers injury update on Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
Team news: Wenger’s update on Cech, Sanchez, Ozil & Perez
Arsene Wenger has been speaking at his press conference this morning and he’s provided reporters with a team news update ahead of Sunday’s showdown with Man City.
The boss confirmed that Petr Cech will miss the City game after picking up a calf strain during our defeat at West Brom before the international break.
Our number one will also sit out Wednesday’s clash with West Ham but he could be back in contention to face Crystal Palace next weekend. David Ospina is now set to deputise between the sticks for the next two matches.
Wenger also revealed that Lucas Perez remains unavailable due to a thigh injury that kept the striker out of the trip to the Hawthorns earlier this month.
There was better new on Alexis Sanchez as Arsene says the forward is available for selection against City this weekend after overcoming an injury scare.
Sanchez picked up an ankle injury during our defeat to West Brom before the international break with Wenger describing his ankle as being in a ‘terrible state’ following a poor challenge from James McClean.
However, Alexis was still allowed to link-up with the Chile squad and played 180 minutes during their World Cup qualifiers against Argentina and Venezuela so he’s now been given the all-clear to start for us this weekend.
The final update from Wenger was on Mesut Ozil and the boss confirmed that the playmaker is back in contention to start against City after overcoming various aliments in recent weeks.
Ozil hasn’t started for Arsenal since the middle of February due to illness and hamstring trouble while he also picked up a minor back problem while away on international duty.
However, Mesut recovered to play 20 minutes for Germany in midweek so he’s now back in contention to return to the starting eleven this weekend.
Wenger's in. "Cech will not be fit for Sunday. Perez is not fit (thigh). Cech could miss Sunday, Weds and maybe available after."
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) March 30, 2017
#AFC got a message from Sanchez…but it was just an injury update. "Just a kick. He can normally play."
— Mark Mann-Bryans (@MarkyMBryans) March 30, 2017
Boss, how's @MesutOzil1088?
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) March 30, 2017