- Arsenal boss claims Sanchez will sign new deal + Ozil update
- Arsenal well positioned to secure £50m deal for 31-goal hitman
- Key duo recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Leicester
- [Photos] Double injury boost as Arsenal duo train ahead of Leicester
- Arsenal battling to sign £33m Ligue 1 star
- Team news: Wenger offers injury update on Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
[Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez was back to his best last night as he scored a stunning free-kick to help Chile to a crucial 3-1 victory over Venezuela.
Sanchez allayed any fears over his fitness with a superb all-round performance and he opened the scoring with a superb free-kick with found the top corner after just 4 minutes.
Alexis was then involved in the build-up for Chile’s second goal minutes later as the hosts raced in to a 2-0 lead inside the opening 10 minutes and the Arsenal star then assisted Esteban Paredes to head home the third goal midway through the first half.
West Brom striker Salomon Rondon pulled one back for Venezuela but Chile eased to a 3-1 win despite Sanchez missing a second half penalty.
The win sees Chile leapfrog Argentina in to the all-important fourth automatic qualifying place for the 2018 World Cup so it was a good night all round for our superstar.
Alexis will now head back to north London to prepare for Sunday’s huge Premier League clash with Manchester City and let’s hope he carries this form in to that match.