- Arsenal boss claims Sanchez will sign new deal + Ozil update
- Arsenal well positioned to secure £50m deal for 31-goal hitman
- Key duo recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Leicester
- [Photos] Double injury boost as Arsenal duo train ahead of Leicester
- Arsenal battling to sign £33m Ligue 1 star
- Team news: Wenger offers injury update on Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
According to the Evening Standard, Mesut Ozil is expected to be fit and available for selection when Arsenal welcome Manchester City to the Emirates this weekend.
Ozil hasn’t started for Arsenal since our first 5-1 defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions League on February 15th as he’s been hampered by illness and a hamstring injury over the past few weeks.
The 28-year-old was allowed to link-up with the Germany squad despite missing the defeat at West Brom but he then picked up a back problem in training last week.
Thankfully it’s turned out to be nothing too serious as Ozil made his first appearance for club or country since March 11th with a 39 minute substitute appearance during Germany’s 4-1 win over Azerbaijan last night.
Ozil will now head back to north London to be assessed by Arsenal’s medical team but the Evening Standard claim that the playmaker is expected to fit for Sunday’s huge clash with Man City.
We welcome Pep Guardiola’s men to the Emirates on Sunday afternoon off the back of a disastrous run that’s seen us lose six of our last nine matches to drop out of the top four.
Therefore, it’s great to have Ozil available for such a pivotal game as we look to try and get our season back on track and give our Champions League qualification hopes a major boost with a positive result over City.