- Arsenal boss claims Sanchez will sign new deal + Ozil update
- Arsenal well positioned to secure £50m deal for 31-goal hitman
- Key duo recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Leicester
- [Photos] Double injury boost as Arsenal duo train ahead of Leicester
- Arsenal battling to sign £33m Ligue 1 star
- Team news: Wenger offers injury update on Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
According to France Football, Arsene Wenger held talks with Monaco midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko in a hotel to discuss a potential move to Arsenal this summer.
While a growing number of fans are calling for the boss to step down at the end of the season, Wenger appears to be making plans as though he’ll be staying with the Frenchman working on potential transfers for the summer.
It looks like Wenger is keen to add to his midfield options as France Football claim that he met with Monaco star Tiemoue Bakayoko in a Paris hotel in November to talk about a possible move to the Emirates.
Bakayoko has been enjoying a sensational campaign in Ligue 1 where he’s been a driving force behind Monaco’s superb form that’s seen them climb to the top of the table and reach the last eight in the Champions League.
Central midfield is certainly an area I think we need to strengthen this summer as Santi Cazorla can’t be relied upon due to his dodgy Achilles, Aaron Ramsey has been woeful this season while we badly need an upgrade on Francis Coquelin.
Bakayoko would be an excellent addition to the team, however, it looks as though we have plenty of work to do if we’re to complete a deal for the 22-year-old this summer.
Not only do France Football suggest that Monaco will demand around £52m for his signature – which is likely to be out of our reach – but they also say Bakayoko is expected to opt for a move to Chelsea.
The Blues have been strongly linked with a move for the French youngster in recent weeks and Antonio Conte is set to win the race for his signature as he looks to pair Bakayoko with N’Golo Kante next season.
So it looks as though Wenger is going to need to continue his search for a new midfielder ahead of what’s likely to be an extremely busy summer in north London.