- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil has picked up a fresh injury concern after being forced to miss training with the German squad due to a back injury.
Ozil has endured a number of issues since the turn of the year having twice suffered from illness while he missed the recent defeat at West Bromwich Albion with a hamstring injury.
The attacker was still allowed to link-up with the German national team but sat out the friendly win over England on Wednesday night with the hope of being fit for the World Cup qualifier in Azerbaijan on Sunday.
However, the Arsenal star could now be a doubt for that game too after the official German national team website reported that Ozil sat out training today due to a back injury.
The update on dfb.de said,
“Meanwhile, Mesut Özil is suffering from back problems and sat out the final training session in Kamen this morning.”
It’s just one thing after another with Ozil right now but thankfully this latest ailment doesn’t sound too serious so hopefully he is back fit again soon.
Arsenal have a huge clash with Manchester City at the Emirates next weekend so fingers crossed Ozil is passed fit as we desperately need to get back to winning ways and get our top four push back on track.