- Arsenal boss claims Sanchez will sign new deal + Ozil update
- Arsenal well positioned to secure £50m deal for 31-goal hitman
- Key duo recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Leicester
- [Photos] Double injury boost as Arsenal duo train ahead of Leicester
- Arsenal battling to sign £33m Ligue 1 star
- Team news: Wenger offers injury update on Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
[Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
Alexis Sanchez trained with the Chile squad yesterday despite fears he may have damaged ankle ligaments during Arsenal’s defeat at West Brom on Saturday.
Sanchez suffered a nasty ankle injury after being caught by a horror challenge from Baggies winger James McClean shortly before half time.
Arsene Wenger wanted to take Alexis off at the break after describing the ankle as being in a ‘terrible state’ but he insisted on carrying on.
Sanchez was clearly hampered by the injury in the second half and was eventually replaced by Alex Iwobi as we crashed to another embarrassing 3-1 defeat at the Hawthorns.
Wenger said after the game that he feared Sanchez may have suffered ligament damage but would wait for scan results to come back before the full extent of the injury was known.
Alexis didn’t train with Chile on Monday but it looks as though he’s been given the all clear as he was back out with his international team mates on Tuesday showing no sign of injury.
As long as he doesn’t aggravate the problem in training, Sanchez is now expected to start in Chile’s crucial World Cup qualifier against Argentina in Buenos Aires later this week.
Let’s pray he comes back from the international break unscathed as the last thing we need is Sanchez being ruled out ahead of the Manchester City game at the start of April.
Here are some more photos of Sanchez in training with Chile yesterday: