- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
[Player Ratings] WBA 3-1 Arsenal: Ospina & Mustafi woeful for Gunners
Another disgraceful performance from Arsenal consigned us to a 3-1 defeat at West Brom this afternoon.
Predictably, the hosts opened the scoring from a set piece as Dawson head home from a 12th minute corner before Sanchez made it 1-1 just three minutes later.
Comical goalkeeping from sub Ospina gifted the Baggies their second shortly after half time before woeful defending allowed Dawson to score the third from another corner.
Here are my ratings:
Cech 6.5/10 | Flapped at the corner which led to the opening goal but made a stunning stop to keep it at 1-1 before limping off injured.
Bellerin 5/10 | Not a threat down the right as he was well shackled by the West Brom defence.
Mustafi 4/10 | Given a tough time all afternoon. Missed a key header in the build up to their second goal.
Koscielny 5/10 | Poor attempt to prevent Dawson from heading home the opener. Struggled to cope with their power in the air.
Monreal 5/10 | Got in to a few promising positions going forward but end product was poor. Could deal with their physical presence at the back.
Ramsey 4/10 | Stood and watched Dawson head home the third goal with no attempt to stop him. Didn’t influence the game at all.
Xhaka 5/10 | Great ball to set-up Sanchez for the equaliser but did little else other than pass it sideways a lot.
Walcott 4/10 | Not his type of game. Barely saw the ball and was bullied off it when he was in possession.
Oxlade-Chamberlain 5/10 | At least he was keen to get on the ball, it’s just he didn’t do much with it.
Alexis 6/10 | Lovely composed finish to level things up at 1-1 but went missing [gave up] once we fell 2-1 behind. Subbed for Iwobi.
Welbeck 5/10 | Smacked the bar with a header which would have made it 2-2. Huge miss.
Ospina 3/10 | Horror show for the second goal and rooted to his line for their third. No idea why people think this man is good enough.
Giroud 4/10 | Barely touched the ball after replacing Walcott.
Iwobi N/A |
So another abject performance means it’s four defeats from five in the league which shows the players are no longer playing for the manager. If the board had any balls, they’d insist Wenger comes out and makes it clear he’ll be leaving this summer. We just can’t let this shambles continue any longer.