- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
Arsenal striker ruled out of Man City game, 2 others also injured
According to Goal, Arsenal striker Lucas Perez has been ruled out for three weeks after suffering a thigh injury while Mesut Ozil and Petr Cech have also picked up knocks.
Perez was a notable absentee when the team sheets were announced ahead of today’s game at West Bromwich Albion and many just assumed that Arsene Wenger had left the striker out of the squad give his reluctance to play him this season.
However, the club soon confirmed on Twitter that Perez had been left out due to a thigh injury and Goal claim the issue is expected to keep the 28-year-old on the sidelines for three weeks.
Luckily we have an international break now but if Lucas is out for the full three weeks then he’ll miss the crucial clash with Manchester City at the start of April and the following clash with West Ham.
With Alexis Sanchez also suffering a nasty ankle injury during the defeat at West Brom today, we could have done with Perez being available against City in two weeks time.
It’s the latest set-back for Perez in what’s been a hugely frustrating campaign with the striker struggling to force his way in to Wenger’s starting eleven on a regular basis, despite always being a threat when given the chance.
To make matters worse, Mesut Ozil missed the trip to the Hawthorns with an apparent hamstring injury – although the skeptic in me thinks there is something more to this story.
Ozil has barely played in recent weeks due to mystery illnesses and now a supposed hamstring problem so I think there is certainly something going on behind the scenes. Whether it’s related to his contract or not, I don’t know, but it’s going to be interesting to see if he plays for German during the international break.
To compound what was another miserable day, Petr Cech was forced off with a calf injury so we’ll have to wait for that to be assessed before we’ll find out how long he’s out for. But judging by the way Ospina played when he came on today, let’s all pray Cech is back ASAP!