- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
Arsenal ready to sign impressive Premier League star
According to a report in the Mirror, Arsenal are ready to swoop for Everton defensive midfielder Idrissa Gueye this summer.
The Senegal international impressed during his debut season in England after joining Aston Villa from Lille in 2015 and he continued his fine form having moved to Everton in a £7.1m deal last summer.
The 27-year-old’s stats are superb as he was second only to N’Golo Kante for tackles and interceptions last season while he was statistically the best ball-winner in Europe in 2016.
It looks like Gueye has caught the eye of Arsenal scouts as the Mirror are carrying a report that claims we’re now ready to launch a move for the midfielder this summer.
However, we aren’t the only club in the running as the newspaper says we’ll have to fend off interest from clubs in Spain and Italy while Everton will want to make a huge profit on their £7.1m investment.
Central midfield has been an area of concern for us once again this season with Santi Cazorla missing the majority of the campaign through injury while Aaron Ramsey has suffered from form and fitness issues.
Granit Xhaka’s signing has been a mixed success but he’s not the aggressive, all-action ball-winner we need to protect the defence and it looks as though we’ve identified Gueye as the man for the job.
His experience of playing in the Premier League means he should adapt quickly and he shouldn’t cost the earth so I think he’d be a solid signing. I mean, he has to be an improvement on Francis Coquelin so I’m all for us signing Gueye this summer!