- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
Arsenal eyeing move for £20m Portuguese attacker – report
According to a report in the Daily Star, Arsenal are ready to do battle with Chelsea over the signing of Wolves attacker Helder Costa this summer.
The Portuguese under-23 international signed for Wolves in a £13m deal from Benfica back in January after initially impressing during the first six months of his loan deal.
The 23-year-old has scored 10 goals and chipped in with another 9 assists in his 37 appearances for the Championship outfit so far, despite the Midlands club enduring a difficult campaign that sees them sitting 20th in the table.
Understandably, Costa’s agent Jorge Mendes is already looking for a new club this summer and Wolves are likely to cash-in on the attacker to turn a quick profit.
The Daily Star claim that Arsenal have now joined the chase for Costa’s signature with Arsene Wenger understood to be a long-term admirer and the boss stepped up his interest after sending scouts to watch him in action against Rotherham at the weekend.
However, we’ll face some stiff competition for his signature as the newspaper says that Chelsea are also keen with Antonio Conte also sending his spies to keep a close eye on Costa in recent weeks.
The Star suggests that Wolves would do business if a £20m offer is put on the table but it remains to be seen whether Arsenal will be prepared to meet that asking price this summer.
Costa has predominantly been deployed on the left wing this season but he’s capable of playing anywhere across the attack so his versatility would be useful if we do end up signing him.
By the sounds of it, Arsene is pressing ahead with his transfer plans for the summer so it appears the Frenchman is acting like he’ll still be around next season, which is a sure sign he’s planning to sign a new contract.