- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
Key duo set to start as Wenger opts for strong side v Lincoln
According to the Mirror, Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil are in-line to start our FA Cup quarter final with Arsene Wenger opting to field a strong eleven against Lincoln City.
The boss has used the FA Cup as a way to give some of his fringe players a chance to impress with the likes of Sanchez, Ozil, Koscielny and Bellerin not featuring from the start in previous rounds.
However, with pressure mounting on Wenger’s head following another humiliating defeat to Bayern Munich in midweek it looks as though the Frenchman isn’t going to take any chances against Lincoln.
The Mirror claim that Sanchez is set to start his first FA Cup game of the season after being a substitute against Southampton and Sutton United.
The Chilean was restored to the starting eleven against Bayern after being dropped at Liverpool following reports of a bust-up in training and I think speculation over his future might be getting to him as he was poor on Tuesday night.
However, as Wenger can’t even contemplate another defeat it looks as though he’ll turn to his big-guns tomorrow with Sanchez expected to start in attack.
And he could be joined by fellow contract rebel Ozil as the newspaper says that he too could be set to start his first FA Cup game of the season after recovering from illness.
Ozil missed the Liverpool game due to sickness and was a late call-up to the bench against Bayern following Alex Iwobi’s withdrawal but Wenger said the playmaker was still complaining of feeling unwell after the game.
But Mesut was back in full training today and it seems he’s now also in contention for a starting spot against the non-league outfit tomorrow night.
It’s a shame we’re in a position where we can’t trust our fringe players to dispose of a national league side but I’d actually prefer to see the likes of Lucas Perez and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain starting than Sanchez and Ozil right now.
Our ‘super star duo’ have cut frustrated figures in recent weeks and I’m not convinced we’ll see the best of them against Lincoln if they do start tomorrow.
So I’d rather Wenger went with the fringe players who have something to prove over the prima donna’s who are more concerned about their contracts and forcing moves away from the club.