- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
Wenger’s team news update: Duo doubtful for FA Cup tie + Ozil latest
Arsene Wenger has been speaking to the media at his pre-match press conference this morning ahead of Arsenal’s FA Cup quarter final clash with Lincoln City this weekend.
The non-league outfit are due to arrive at the Emirates on Saturday evening and the boss has given reporters the latest team news with two attackers doubtful for the game.
Danny Welbeck was due to start our Champions League last-16 clash against Bayern Munich on Tuesday night but was withdrawn shortly before kick off after struggling with illness.
Welbeck informed Wenger in the late afternoon that he was sick but tried to complete the warm-up before it was decided he wasn’t fit to play and he’s now a doubt to face Lincoln this weekend.
Iwobi also sat out the Bayern game after picking up a sickness bug and the midfielder is now facing a race against time to get himself in contention for the FA Cup tie on Saturday.
Mesut Ozil returned to the squad on Tuesday after being out for over a week with illness and Wenger says he will see how the German playmaker is in training before deciding his involvement this weekend.
So it seems there could be some sort of sickness bug going around the club. Let’s hope it doesn’t spread any further as we desperately need to get our season back on track with a win this weekend. Anything else would plunge us further in to crisis.
At Colney. Wenger: "We have two uncertainties – Welbeck & Iwobi (sickness). Ozil still felt not too well – will see how he is in training."
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) March 9, 2017