- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
Arsenal eyeing £30m 24-year-old ahead of possible summer move
According to the Evening Standard, Arsenal are eyeing £30m-rated Middlesbrough defender Ben Gibson ahead of a potential swoop this summer.
Gibson has been in excellent form for Boro this season and has undoubtedly been one of their stand-out performers in what’s been a difficult return to the Premier League for the Teesside club.
The 24-year-old has been virtually ever-present for the side that he joined when he was just 12-years-old and is also a regular in the England U21’s with 10 caps to his name so far.
The centre-back’s potential has caught the attention of several top flight clubs and the Evening Standard claim that Arsenal are the latest to show an interest and are considering launching a swoop this summer.
However, Boro are understandably desperate to keep hold of him and given his importance to the team, the newspaper says they will demand a fee in the region of £30m for Gibson’s signature.
We’ll have to wait and see whether Arsenal will be prepared to pay that king of money but Arsene Wenger’s future is likely to play a key role in whether we push ahead with a move or not.
Obviously if a new manager comes in he’ll have his own targets in mind but if, god forbid, Wenger signs a new deal then he may choose to push ahead with a move for Gibson.
The youngster is predominantly a central defender but he’s also capable of playing at left-back so his versatility is sure to appeal to Arsenal as he can fill two important positions within the squad.