- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
Two more unsettled Arsenal stars could follow Sanchez out the door
It looks like Arsenal are heading for a goalkeeping shake-up this summer with both Petr Cech and David Ospina reportedly unsettled with their roles at the club.
According to the Mirror, Cech has become increasingly frustrated at not playing in the Champions League this season after Arsene Wenger named David Ospina as our European No.1.
The Colombian international has started every game in the Champions League so far and while he performed well during the group stages, he conceded five in our last-16 defeat to Bayern Munich last month.
It’s reported that some of the Arsenal players were surprised that Wenger opted to stick with Ospina for that game with the Mirror claiming senior members of the squad feel it was a huge mistake.
The newspaper also says that Cech was hugely disappointed not to be recalled in Munich and is frustrated at playing second fiddle to Ospina in Europe.
However, it seems Ospina is also not satisfied with his role within the squad. He expressed his concerns at being a No.2 to Wenger last summer but was persuaded to stay with the promise of being first choice in the FA Cup and Champions League.
Ospina has made ten first team appearances so far and is expected to line-up between the sticks in our next two games against Bayern and Lincoln City.
But the Times claim that he’s not happy with being our ‘cup keeper’ and is expected to leave in search of regular first team football at the end of the season.
So it seems neither of our goalkeepers are happy with the current situation and I must admit it’s not often you can keep two ‘first choice’ keepers happy.
Personally, I think it’s crazy to have two different keepers playing in the Premier League and Champions League. A big club needs to have an established No.1 who plays in the most important games.
Then, have a No.2 who knows his place in the squad and is happy to play in the FA Cup and League Cup, and be on stand-by to deputise should anything happen to the No.1.
I’m not a fan of Ospina so won’t shed a tear if he leaves this summer while Cech has underwhelming since joining from Chelsea so I wouldn’t mind seeing a new No.1 arrive this summer.
It only adds to what is gearing up to be a pivotal summer at Arsenal with Alexis Sanchez expected to leave, Mesut Ozil possibly following him and Arsene Wenger’s future still up in the air.