- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
Arsene Wenger agrees terms over new two-year Arsenal deal – report
According to the Mirror, Arsene Wenger has now agreed terms with Arsenal over a new two-year contract – BUT he’s still not decided whether to sign it or not.
Wenger’s current deal expires at the end of the season and there is growing pressure on the Frenchman to call time on his 21-year reign in north London.
A large section of the fanbase is crying out for change having become disillusioned following yet another collapse with recent defeats to Watford, Chelsea and Liverpool meaning we’re out of the title race.
We also head in to tomorrow’s Champions League second leg trailing Bayern Munich by 5 goals to 1 so we have virtually no chance of progressing from the last-16 yet again.
There has been talk of a two-year contract extension being offered to Wenger, however, despite all the signs suggesting it’s time to go, the Mirror claim he’s now agreed terms over the new deal.
The newspaper says Arsene has held further talks with the club about his future and his new contract, and an agreement has now been reached over the financial aspect.
However, the good news is that the Mirror claim Wenger is yet to formally sign the deal and he’s still unsure whether to stay as he’s aware of the growing unrest among the fans.
The worrying thing is if he wasn’t seriously considering staying then he wouldn’t even be talking with the club about a new deal, so there must still be a strong chance he’ll sign a new contract.
Honestly, it would be a travesty if Wenger ends up signing the new deal. I’ve got a huge amount of respect for the man for everything he’s done but even he must know it’s time for change.
Irrespective of whether he thinks he’s still the right man for the job, the fact is the club is a total mess right now and the only way to move forward is with a clean slate next season.
Seriously Arsene, it’s time to go. Don’t tarnish your legacy even further….