- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
Video: Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal: Wenger’s gamble back fires
Arsene Wenger’s team selection gamble back-fired as Arsenal slumped to a familiar 3-1 defeat to Liverpool at Anfield this evening.
We started with an obvious ‘game plan’ to sit back, keep it tight and try and hit Liverpool on the break directly up to Olivier Giroud after Wenger decided to leave Alexis Sanchez on the bench.
However, the supposed game plan was blown away inside the opening ten minutes as Liverpool ripped us open with Firmino free to score at the far post in the 9th minute.
Things got worse before half time as we were torn open once again with Firmino finding Mane free this time and the Senegal international fired home for 2-0 in the 40th minute.
We came out a different team after the break when Sanchez replaced Francis Coquelin and the Chilean made an instant impact after setting up Danny Welbeck to make it 2-1.
Alexis then had a chance to equalise in injury time but saw his effort blocked and Liverpool break at pace with Wijnaldum firing home to make it 3-1 – although Origi looked offside in the build up.
So we’ve lost 4 of our last 6 league games and are now outside of the top four following this latest sh*tshow at one of our rivals. Time to go Arsene…..seriously
Watch the goals here: