- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
[Video] Arsenal U23’s 2-0 Tottenham U23’s: Sanogo scores on return
Yaya Sanogo scored on his return to help Arsenal’s under-23 side beat north London rivals Tottenham 2-0 at London Colney this afternoon.
Sanogo was surprisingly named in the starting eleven to face Spurs today with the 24-year-old making his first start of the season following a hugely frustrating campaign.
The 24-year-old has barely been seen in an Arsenal shirt for two years as after enduring disappointing loan spells at Ajax and Charlton last season, he’s been plagued by injury this year.
However, Sanogo was back in the famous Red & White today and opened the scoring against Tottenham shortly before half time with an error from their keeper helping his low shot find the back of the net.
It was Yaya’s first goal for the club since November 2014 and we wrapped up a 2-0 win late on when Malen fed Reiss Nelson who slammed home with just three minutes to go.
I can only find the Sanogo goal, so check it out here:
Half-time: #AFCU23 1-0 Tottenham
This strike from Yaya gives us the lead going into the break pic.twitter.com/p5OOzoiJg9
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) March 3, 2017