- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
Arsenal want to sign 27-goal hitman, deal will cost at least £50m
According to the Mirror, Arsenal are looking to sign Lyon’s prolific hitman Alexandre Lacazette this summer in a deal that will cost at least £50m.
Despite on-going doubts over his own future at the club, Arsene Wenger is still making plans for next season but sadly it looks increasingly likely that Alexis Sanchez won’t be part of them.
We’re still struggling to agree a new deal with the Chilean international and widespread reports in recent days suggest that he’s edging closer towards the exit door with Juventus leading the chase for his signature.
The Mirror say that Wenger has privately accepted that we’ll have to sell Sanchez this summer and has now identified Lacazette as the man he wants to replace the south American superstar.
We were strongly linked with Lacazette last summer and reportedly saw a £35m offer rejected but the paper says that Lyon have acknowledged they’ll have to cash-in this summer.
However, they will demand a lot more than £35m as he’s already scored 27 goals in his 31 appearances this season so the Mirror claim we’ll need to pay at least £50m for his signature, with the fee potentially even rising towards the £60m mark.
That would break the £42m club record we spent on Mesut Ozil so I’m sure the club will think long and hard about paying that kind of money but let’s be honest, we’re going to have to break our record if we’re going to find a replacement for Sanchez.
Not only will we need to pay a huge transfer fee to land Lacazette, but the report indicates that we’ll also face stiff competition from Liverpool as Jurgen Klopp is also eyeing the Frenchman as a replacement for Daniel Sturridge.
Lacazette will no doubt want Champions League football at whichever club he joins this summer so it may come down to who finishes in the top four between us and Liverpool for who wins the race for the striker.
I’m a big fan of Lacazette and feel he’d be an excellent signing for us. Don’t get me wrong, he’s no Sanchez just yet, but he’s a prolific goal-scorer and has the potential to get even better so I’d love to see him come to the Emirates this summer.