- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
Arsenal receive formal £25m bid for £180k-a-week star
According to reports in Italy via the Mirror, Juventus have submitted a formal £25m [€30m] offer for Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez.
Our Chilean superstar is approaching the final year of his contract with his current deal set to expire in the summer of 2018.
Unfortunately all the signs appear to suggest that Alexis is heading for the exit door as we’re struggling to agree terms over an extension.
The Mirror claim that we’ve offered a new deal worth £180,000-a-week but Sanchez is demanding well in excess of £200,000 and Chairman Sir Chips Keswick has confirmed that the club are unwilling to stretch our finances to keep the striker.
There are also reports suggesting that Sanchez wants assurances that we’re going to compete for major trophies if he stays and unfortunately events in recent weeks have proven that we’re still some way short.
With Sanchez’s future is serious doubt, Juventus have been touted as favourites to sign him and it looks as though the Italian giants have now formalised their interest.
The Mirror are citing a report coming from Italian outlet Corriere dello Sport that claims Juve have tabled an opening £25m [€30m] offer for the 28-year-old’s signature.
No indication is given as to whether Arsenal have responded to this supposed bid but I hope we don’t take too long before politely telling Juve where to go.
For £25m, they wouldn’t even buy Sanchez’s right leg and we’d be absolutely insane to even contemplate that kind of money. Personally, I think we should hold Alexis to the final year of his deal if we don’t get at least £50m.
I appreciate we’re in a difficult position as he’s only got a year left on his deal but this is one of the best players in the world at the peak of his career we’re talking about.
Sadly I think Sanchez has already made up his mind that he wants to leave Arsenal this summer but we shouldn’t be bent over backwards and forced to sell on the cheap.