- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
Arsenal handed injury boost as key man returns ahead of Liverpool
According to the Daily Star, Arsenal have been handed a huge injury boost with Aaron Ramsey expected to be in contention for Saturday’s trip to Liverpool.
Ramsey has been on the treatment table since suffering a calf injury during the opening minutes of our disappointing 2-1 defeat against Watford at the Emirates on January 31st.
During his absence, we’ve crashed to defeats at Chelsea and Bayern Munich to leave our season hanging by a thread with our Premier League and Champions League hopes almost certainly over for another year.
However, it looks as though Ramsey is set to make a return to action as the Daily Star are reporting that the Welsh international is now back in full training ahead of our trip to Anfield.
As long as he doesn’t suffer any sort of setback over the next few days, Rambo should be back in contention for a place in the squad when we take on Liverpool on Saturday evening.
Obviously his return will be a welcome one as Mohamed Elneny has been ruled out with a foot injury while Santi Cazorla is out for the season with an on-going Achilles problem.
However, I don’t think Ramsey should walk straight back in to the first team as I’ve been really impressed with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain in the middle of the park in recent weeks.
No doubt Arsene Wenger will stick with Francis Coquelin alongside Granit Xhaka this weekend but I’d love to see us go with The Ox next to Xhaka, with Coquelin and Rambo on the bench.
We head to Merseyside just one place and one point above Liverpool so we desperately need a positive result to boost our Champions League qualification hopes.