- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
Respected journo: 27-goal hitman could join Arsenal in £50m deal
Respected French football expert Julien Laurens has claimed that Alexandre Lacazette could join Arsenal in a £50m deal this summer, according to the Mirror.
Lacazette has long been linked with a move to the Emirates and speculation suggested that we had held talks and even had several bids rejected by Lyon last summer.
The striker eventually opted to stay in France and sign a new deal while we snapped up Lucas Perez but Lacazette revealed earlier this month that he’s looking to leave Lyon this summer in search of a new challenge.
That sparked fresh rumours linking him with a move to Arsenal and now French football expert Julien Laurens has fuelled the fire by claiming that Lacazette will head for the Premier League this summer.
The journalist and pundit named Arsenal along with Liverpool and Tottenham as the most likely destinations and says that any deal could be worth up to £50m.
Laurens is quoted by the Mirror as saying:
“I think he [Lacazette] will go to England,”
“Whether that is Liverpool, Arsenal or Tottenham – I don’t know. You will have to pay around £40m or £50m.”
With Alexis Sanchez’s contract approaching it’s final 12 months and no sign of an extension being signed, we may be forced to cash-in on our Chilean super star this summer and we’ll be in the market for a top class forward.
Lacazette took his seasons tally to 27 in just 31 games with another goal against Metz on Sunday and there’s no doubt he’s one of the most prolific goal-scorers in Europe right now.
I still have doubt over his all-round game and his suitability to Arsenal’s playing style, however, if we want a goal scorer then the 25-year-old would be an excellent option this summer.