- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
Man City fear striker could be lured to Arsenal – report
According to the Mirror, Manchester City fear highly-rated youth striker Jadon Sancho could be lured to Arsenal this summer due to his desire to return to London.
Sancho joined City in 2015 after completing a £500,000 move from Watford and has emerged as one of the hottest young talents in British football following a string of impressive performances at club and international level.
City regard him as a future first team star and he’s already been invited to train with Pep Guardiola’s squad on several occasions while he’s also represented England at youth level.
However, the 16-year-old’s potential has also attracted interest from a host of clubs and the Mirror claim that Arsenal chief scout Steve Rowley has identified the teenager as a key target.
The newspaper says that our interest is so strong that City have ‘genuine concerns’ that Sancho will be lured away before he’s even broken in to Guardiola’s first team squad.
The Mirror claim that Arsenal have set their sights on signing the talented attacker and City’s academy bosses fear the prospect of moving back to his hometown of London will be too good an opportunity for him to resist.
Sancho is predominantly a striker but he’s also capable of playing out on the left wing and he’s notched 11 goals in 13 games for the England U16 and U17’s squads.
We all want big-money signings but it’s important we also focus on improving the youth squad and plan for the future and Sancho sounds like he’d be a superb addition if we were able to prise him away from City.