- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
Arsenal ready to beat Man Utd to signature of £40m midfielder
According to a report in the Mirror, Arsenal have joined the likes of Manchester United in the chase to sign Monaco’s £40m-rated midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko.
The French under-21 international has been one of the stars of Leonardo Jardim’s impressive Monaco side this season and he put in another eye-catching display during their recent Champions League thriller with Man City.
Bakayoko is now one of the hottest properties in Europe and the Mirror report claims that Arsenal are the latest team to register their interest in signing the midfielder this summer.
Central midfield continues to be a problem area for us as Santi Cazorla has seen his season ended by a chronic Achilles injury, Aaron Ramsey’s endured a difficult campaign while Jack Wilshere’s future is in serious doubt after being forced out on loan this season.
Arsene Wenger did splash out £35m on Granit Xhaka last summer but the jury is still out on the Swiss international so it wouldn’t be a surprise to see another central midfielder come in this summer and it looks as though Bakayoko is being lined-up.
However, we’ll face plenty of competition for his signature as the Mirror claim that not only are Manchester United in the race but so are Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain.
The 22-year-old also wont come cheap as the newspaper indicates that Monaco will demand around £40m for his services so we’ll have to wait and see whether Arsenal will be prepared to pay that kind of money for the young Frenchman.