- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
Arsenal in hunt for 26-goal hitman, £60m will get deal done
According to a report in the Mirror, Arsenal remain in the hunt for Alexandre Lacazette with Lyon ready to sell if £60m is put on the table this summer.
Lacazette has long been linked with a move to the Emirates with widespread reports suggesting we held talks about a possible deal last summer.
He was eventually persuaded to remain at Lyon and sign a new deal but the 25-year-old confirmed earlier this month that he was planning to leave this summer in search of a new challenge.
It looks like this admission has alerted Arsenal as the Mirror name us as one of several clubs who are showing an interest in luring the striker to the Premier League at the end of the season.
However, having scored 26 goals in his 30 appearances so far this campaign, understandably we aren’t the only club in the running and the paper says that Liverpool, Tottenham and Atletico Madrid are also in the race.
Obviously Lyon don’t want to lose their top scorer but the Mirror suggest they’ll be willing to do business if a club puts a £60m offer on the table.
That figure would be a new club transfer record for Arsenal but prolific strikers don’t come cheap so that’s the kind of money we’ll have to pay if we want to bring in a new top class front man this summer.
With Alexis Sanchez approaching the final 12 months of his contract and his future at the Emirates in doubt, we need to be lining-up potential replacements in-case we’re forced to cash-in on the Chilean superstar.
Hopefully it doesn’t come to that and we all pray Alexis signs a new deal but we have to be prepared for the worst case scenario and Lacazette is a realistic target we should be looking at.