- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
Arsenal to launch swoop for £75m-rated Real Madrid target
According to the Independent, Arsenal will make a renewed attempt to try and sign Kylian Mbappe this summer but will face stiff competition for the £75m-rated Monaco attacker.
Mbappe has emerged as one of the hottest properties in world football this season having established himself as a regular in the Monaco first team.
The 18-year-old has been in sensational form in Ligue 1 this campaign but really announced himself on the European scene after scoring during Tuesday night’s thrilling Champions League defeat at Man City.
Arsene Wenger confirmed earlier this month that he’s been tracking the teenager for some time and revealed that he failed with an attempt to sign the striker last summer after comparing him to Arsenal legend Thierry Henry.
It seems the boss may rue not getting a deal wrapped-up as the Independent claim that although Arsenal will make a fresh move for the player this summer, we’re going to face plenty of competition.
Given his newly-found status as one of Europe’s most wanted, the newspaper says that the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund and Man City are all now vying for Mbappe’s signature.
Not only will we have to fend off interest from some of the world’s biggest clubs but the report suggests that Monaco will demand a fee well in excess of £50m for the teenagers signature.
The Independent claim that the Ligue 1 club want more for Mbappe than they received from Man Utd for Anthony Martial and an initial fee of £50m plus £25m in add ons may be required to land the striker.
For all his potential, there is virtually no chance Arsenal will agree to pay that kind of money for a teenager who’s had one good year in France so unless Monaco lower their expectations, I think we can forget about signing Mbappe.
That would be a real shame as he’s clearly a huge talent who’ll probably go on to become one of the top strikers around but it looks as though we missed our chance to sign him last summer.
Mbappe could be destined to join the ever-growing list of to players Wenger almost signed….