- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
Arsenal suffer fresh injury concern, attacker nursing back problem
According to the Express, Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil is nursing a back injury and has been given some time off to help overcome the issue ahead of our clash with Liverpool.
Ozil has come under intense criticism in recent weeks after a string of poor displays with his agent hitting out after he was made a ‘scapegoat’ following our 5-1 defeat at Bayern Munich last week.
However, it seems there could be an underlying issue affecting Mesut’s performances as the Express claim that he’s been carrying a niggling back injury for some time.
The newspaper says that Ozil has been suffering from back spasms for several weeks but has been playing through the pain as he looked to try help during a key part of our season.
The playmaker has been given some time off by Arsene Wenger and has gone back to Germany to spend time with his family in the hope that the rest will help solve the problem.
This may explain Ozil’s dip in form lately but thankfully the Express claim that it’s not a serious problem and he’s expected to return to training and be available for selection ahead of next weekend’s clash with Liverpool.
We head to Anfield on March 4 before the second leg of our Champions League tie with Bayern Munich and Ozil is expected to be fit for both games.
Let’s just hope the time off does him good and he’s back to his best against Liverpool in 12 days time.