- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
Arsenal get some excellent injury news ahead of Liverpool trip
According to the Daily Star, Arsenal have received some excellent injury news with Laurent Koscielny and Alex Iwobi set to be fit for our trip to Liverpool.
Koscielny looked set for a spell on the sidelines after limping out of our humiliating 5-1 Champions League defeat at Bayern Munich last week having picked up a thigh injury.
The Frenchman’s exit just after half time came shortly before our collapse that saw us concede three times in the ten minutes following Gabriel’s introduction, so it’s obviously just how important Koscielny is to the team.
Thankfully, it turns out the injury isn’t anything serious as the Daily Star are citing a report from the Standard that claims Koscielny is expected to be back in training on Thursday.
As long as he doesn’t suffer any reaction, the 31-year-old centre-back will be fit and available for selection for our crucial trip to Anfield on March 4th.
In a double boost, the newspaper also indicates that Iwobi is set to be back in training later this week after picking up a foot injury during our FA Cup win at Sutton United on Monday night.
Iwobi was on the wrong end of a shocking tackle from Jamie Collins and it seemed he was set for a spell on the treatment table after sharing a photo of his foot bandaged on social media.
However, the Daily Star claim that the midfielder will also be back out on the training pitches at London Colney later this week and be in contention to face Liverpool.
So it’s good news regarding Koscielny and Iwobi but we’ll have to wait and see whether Mo Elneny will be available as he’s set to undergo a scan on the ankle injury that he sustained against Sutton.