- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
[Photo] Arsenal star confirms double injury blow after Sutton clash
Arsenal midfielder Alex Iwobi has confirmed that he suffered a foot injury last night meaning we came away with two injury concerns following our 2-0 FA Cup win at Sutton United.
Iwobi was caught on his right foot following a disgusting challenge from Sutton defender Jamie Collins shortly after we’d taken the lead midway through the first half.
Somehow, the referee decided it wasn’t even a foul, never mind a red card, despite the fact Iwobi was left crumpled in a heap on the floor after literally being sent head-over-heels by the ‘tackle’.
The Arsenal midfielder soldiered on before eventually being replaced in the second half but he took to Snap Chat late last night to show off the results of Collins’ challenge.
Iwobi shared a photo of his foot heavily bandaged so it looks as though he could now be facing a spell on the sidelines – although the player didn’t give any indication as to how bad the injury is.
He wasn’t the only player to pick up an injury last night as Mohamed Elneny was forced off at half time after suffering a calf problem during the first half.
He was able to carry on until the break after receiving treatment before being replaced by Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain but Elneny suffered a calf problem while away at the AFCON last month.
Hopefully his withdrawal was just precautionary and he hasn’t aggravated the injury as we’re still low on options in midfield with Aaron Ramsey and Santi Cazorla still on the sidelines.