- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
“He wants to leave Arsenal” – Agent confirms attacker wants out
According to quotes in the Express, Lucas Perez’s agent has confirmed that the striker wants to leave Arsenal after not being given a proper chance by Arsene Wenger.
Perez joined Arsenal from Deportivo La Coruna in a £17m last summer but has struggled to hold down a regular spot in Wenger’s starting eleven.
The Spaniard has started just 8 times in all competitions this season but has still managed to chip in with 6 goals and 5 assists, including a hat-trick against Basel in the Champions League.
However, despite his excellent return, Perez has struggled to force his way in to Wenger’s plans and the strikers agent has seemingly confirmed the player want’s out of the club this summer amid reported interest from AC Milan.
Rodrigo Fernandez Lovelle is quoted by the Express as telling Italian outlet calciomercato.com that he’s fed up being on the bench and wants to leave Arsenal ‘at all costs’.
“He hasn’t received any offer yet. If Lucas leaves London – and he will leave because he’s had no chance with [Arsene] Wenger – he wants to go and play for a big club like Arsenal.
“Milan is a great club and he likes them very much, even if we’ve never talked with the Rossoneri hierarchy.
“Look, the truth is that Lucas wants to leave at all costs and is not happy at Arsenal, he hasn’t settled and hasn’t had a chance to play and show what he can do.
“No matter who is the manager in the future, we want to go. The player must have the chance to play.”
It’s always better to be a little skeptical, especially when the agents are quoted via a foreign outlet, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Lovelle comes out and denies these quotes or says they’ve been misinterpreted.
However, I wouldn’t blame Perez if he does want to leave as he’s been grossly underused by the manager and it’s a real head-scratcher as to why the likes of Alex Iwobi continually gets starts despite his poor form while Perez rots on the bench.
I’m not picking on Iwobi, but it’s just frustrating to see a dangerous player like Perez frozen out while a youngster is given multiple chances in the first team despite his poor form. And Iwobi isn’t the only one.
I fully expect Perez to leave this summer and won’t blame him one bit.