- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
Confirmed: Arsenal star reveals he’ll miss FA Cup clash with Sutton
Danny Welbeck has confirmed that he’s set to miss tomorrow’s FA Cup fifth round clash at Sutton United due to concerns over their plastic pitch.
Welbeck hasn’t started for the first team since scoring a superb hat-trick against Southampton in the previous round with Wenger clearly still cautious after the striker only recently recovered from a knee injury that kept him out for seven months.
The boss is set to rotate his squad against Sutton and make plenty of changes from the side that lost at Bayern Munich with many expecting Danny to be involved tomorrow.
However, the striker surprisingly started for Arsenal’s under-23 side against Leicester this afternoon and played 70 minutes during a disappointing defeat.
Welbeck has now taken to Twitter to confirm that it was decided he’d play for the under-23’s instead of the first team due to concerns over Sutton’s plastic pitch.
“Glad to get 70 minutes today to build up my match fitness. Plastic pitch at Sutton isn’t the best idea at the moment. #COYG”.
Artificial pitches are known to be more dangerous to play on so it’s probably a sensible decision for Welbeck not to risk it tomorrow as the last thing we want is him having a set-back.
Let’s hope the rest of the lads can come through the game tomorrow unscathed as the squad is looking strong right now so we don’t need to pick up any injuries just as we try to get our campaign back on track following a disappointing few weeks.
Glad to get 70 minutes today to build up my match fitness. Plastic pitch at Sutton isn't the best idea at the moment. #COYG
— Danny Welbeck (@DannyWelbeck) February 19, 2017