- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
Wenger responds to reports Sanchez will quit following ‘bust-up’
Arsene Wenger has played down suggestions that Alexis Sanchez was involved in a bust-up with team mates following Arsenal’s humiliation in Munich.
The Sun were one of several media outlets to report that Sanchez has decided to quit Arsenal this summer with an apparent dressing room row believed to be the final straw.
Alexis was visibly depressed following our 5-1 defeat to Bayern Munich on Wednesday and it seems tensions boiled over in the changing room after the game, with some reports suggesting Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain was involved in the bust-up.
The rumour-mill went in to over-drive after Sanchez was spotted at Heathrow airport leaving the UK on Thursday morning with the media suggesting he’s been given time off to contemplate his future.
Alexis is approaching the final year of his contract and so far we’ve failed to agree terms over an extension, and the Sun claim he’s now decided to quit the club this summer.
However, Wenger has played down these reports after saying at his press conference this morning that there was no ‘incident’ in the changing room, just disappointment and sadness.
The boss went on to explain why Sanchez was spotted at Heathrow and it turns out he’s flown back to Barcelona to attend a court hearing over tax fraud allegations.
The Chilean international is due to return to London tomorrow and could even be involved in our FA Cup clash against Sutton on Monday night.
Wenger denies dressing room bust-up post Bayern: "Not at all. Everybody was disappointed but there was no incident. Just huge sadness."
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) February 17, 2017
Sanchez bee given time to go to court case in Barcelona, back in training tomorrow
— John Cross (@johncrossmirror) February 17, 2017
Obviously Wenger is going to play down whatever happens in the dressing room and I’d actually be disappointed if there wasn’t some raised voices after the Bayern debacle.
However, it’s funny to see the press get it so wrong with why Sanchez left the country yesterday. They saw him at an airport, put 2 and 2 together and not for the first time they got 5.