- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
Arsenal have ‘real possibility’ of beating Liverpool to sign Chelsea striker
According to a report in Football London, Arsenal have a ‘real possibility’ of beating Liverpool to the signature of Chelsea striker Dominic Solanke this summer.
Solanke has been with Chelsea his entire career having joined the club as a kid in 2004 but after progressing through the youth ranks he’s struggled to break in to the first team set-up.
The 19-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season and the Blues are struggling to find an agreement with Football London claiming the teenager wants to see his wages increased from £7,000 to £50,000-a-week – which Chelsea are unwilling to meet.
That seems like an obscene amount of money for a player that’s made just one substitute appearance for the Chelsea first team and Antonio Conte admitted earlier today that the striker looks increasingly likely to leave Stamford Bridge.
Conte is quoted as saying by Football London.
”I think [he will leave], I am not sure, but I think this is his will.”
“I have spoken with him to try to understand his decision. It is normal. We must have a great respect for every decision.”
Liverpool have been strongly linked with a move for Solanke but Football London claim that Arsenal have now joined the Merseysiders in the race to sign the England Under-21 hitman.
We’re known to overpay our youngsters and it looks like we’re now hot on Solanke’s trail with the outlet saying that a move to the Emirates is a ‘real possibility’.
The report suggests that Arsenal are long-term admirers of the striker and any deal wouldn’t be dependent on Arsene Wenger staying at the club.
I’m not sure why any player would agree to join a club without knowing who the manager will be next season but hey, maybe it’s the type of player who’s only 19 and expects £50k-a-week when he’s not even a regular?
We might be able to justify slightly higher wages due to his limited transfer fee but Football London say Chelsea will still be due around £8m compensation for developing him over the years.
Solanke is a huge talent and scored 20 goals in 25 games for Chelsea’s Under-18’s but he’s still got it all to prove at the highest level so he’d still be a risky signing if we did end up landing him.