- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
Frustrated striker wants to leave Arsenal due to ‘confused’ life under Wenger
According to Goal, Lucas Perez is frustrated with his lack of playing time under Arsene Wenger and will look to leave Arsenal this summer.
Perez joined the club in a £17m deal from Deportivo La Coruna last summer but has struggled to establish himself as a regular starter despite impressing during the limited opportunities he has been given.
A couple of niggling ankle injuries haven’t helped but Perez should certainly have started more than the 8 games he has started in all competitions so far this season.
Despite his lack of playing time, the 28-year-old has still managed to score 6 goals and provide a further 5 assists, including a superb hat-trick against Basel in the Champions League back in December.
Many thought he would kick on following that treble but for some reason he’s continued to see his game-time restricted with the likes of Olivier Giroud, Theo Walcott, Alex Iwobi, Danny Welbeck, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and of course Alexis Sanchez all ahead of him in the pecking order.
Perez has already expressed his concerns to Arsene Wenger earlier in the season and Goal claim that the striker is now so frustrated that he’ll look to leave the club this summer.
The report suggests that Perez is ‘confused’ as to why Wenger is refusing to give him more opportunities, despite his excellent minutes-per-goal/assist ratio, and wants to leave in search of regular game time in order to try and fulfill his dream of playing for Spain at the 2018 World Cup.
Perez missed last night’s humiliation against Bayern Munich due to a minor hamstring injury but hopefully he’ll recover in time to feature against Sutton in the FA Cup on Monday night.
That game is an excellent chance for Perez to put in another impressive performance and hopefully catch Wenger’s eye, but I think it’s clear by now that the boss doesn’t fully trust the Spaniard yet so it’s no surprise to hear he’s looking towards the exit door.