- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
Alexis Sanchez has decided to leave Arsenal this summer, club fears – report
According to the Mirror, Arsenal chiefs fear that Alexis Sanchez has already decided to leave the club at the end of the season following our latest capitulation.
Sanchez is approaching the final year of his contract at the Emirates and so far we’ve been unable to agree terms over an extension despite holding several rounds of talks with his representatives.
Not only are we struggling to meet his wage demands, but the Chilean international wants assurances we’re going to be competing for major trophies over the coming years.
Unfortunately, with Arsenal now out of the Premier League title race and on the verge of crashing out of the Champions League following last night’s 5-1 defeat at Bayern, it seems our latest collapse has persuaded Alexis it’s time to leave.
The Mirror claim that club officials fear Sanchez has now decided he wants out this summer with Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain ready to offer him a fresh start.
Who knows how much truth there is behind these latest reports but I wouldn’t be surprised if Alexis is edging towards the exit door given the state of the club right now.
We’re clearly not capable of competing at the highest level and players like Sanchez deserve to be winning the big trophies. He’s a born winner and losing 5-1 win hurt him deeply.
You can see his frustration on the pitch and no doubt the last couple of months will have an affect on his decision this summer. Sadly, I just can’t see him signing a new deal unless things change drastically over the coming months.