- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
Arsenal face battle to sign Ligue 1 star, lucrative offer in the pipeline
According to talkSPORT, Arsenal are among the clubs showing a keen interest in signing highly-rated Toulouse goalkeeper Alban Lafont this summer.
Speculation is growing that Arsene Wenger is in the market for a new goalkeeper as doubts continue over the future of Petr Cech following a disappointing campaign for the experienced stopper.
Cech dropped a huge clanger during our 3-1 defeat at Chelsea and while he responded with a solid outing against Hull at the weekend, reports suggest Wenger is ready to leave him out against Bayern Munich tomorrow night.
A number of goalkeepers have been linked with a move to the Emirates in recent weeks, however, talkSPORT claim that Arsenal are interested in signing Lafont at the end of the season.
The 18-year-old has emerged as one of the most highly-rated young keepers in Europe having already established himself as Toulouse’ No.1 and has racked up over 50 appearances for the Ligue 1 outfit since making his debut in 2015.
However, it looks like we’ll face competition for his signature as the report indicates that Lazio have joined the chase and are prepared to make a lucrative offer for his services this summer.
Lafont looks to be a bright young keeper and he’s already represented France at youth level but I personally don’t see a teenager coming in to be Arsenal’s No.1 any time soon.
If we do sign Lafont, then I fee he’ll be brought in as our No.2 at best, possibly replacing David Ospina if he decides to leave this summer.