- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
Arsenal attacker a doubt for Bayern after missing training
Arsenal attacker Lucas Perez is a doubt for our Champions League clash with Bayern Munich after missing training today.
Perez has been carrying an ankle injury in recent weeks and was forced to miss our trip to Stamford Bridge earlier this month because of the issue.
The Spaniard returned to the squad for Saturday’s Premier League clash with Hull City and came on for the final 10 minutes during the 2-0 victory at the Emirates.
I didn’t see any sign of discomfort from the attacker during his late cameo but Perez wasn’t at training on Monday and according to journalist Chris Wheatley, he isn’t training today either.
The club are holding an open training session at London Colney this morning ahead of our trip to Germany for the first leg of our Champions League last-16 tie tomorrow night.
We’ll have to wait for more details to emerge on Lucas’s condition and Wenger should provide an update at his press conference later this evening.
However, given he hasn’t trained for the last two days, it looks as though the 28-year-old is going to miss the trip to the Allianz Arena on Wednesday night.
No Lucas Perez in the training session this morning. pic.twitter.com/fgg1R2uq1F
— Chris Wheatley (@ChrisWheatley_) February 14, 2017
It will be another blow in what’s been a frustrating debut season in north London for Perez following his move from Deportivo La Coruna in the summer.
While he’s manged an impressive 6 goals and 5 assists in just 7 starts in all competitions, the striker’s progress has been hampered by a serious of niggling injuries.