- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
Arsenal to make move for 26-goal hitman, £40m deal in the pipeline
According to the Mirror, Arsenal have joined the race to sign Moussa Dembele and will make a move for the £40m-rated Celtic striker this summer.
Dembele has emerged as one of the hottest young strikers in Europe since moving to Celtic from Fulham in a £500,000 deal last summer having caught the eye of several clubs following an impressive 2015/16 campaign in the Championship.
The 20-year-old has just scored back-to-back hat-tricks to take his tally to 26 goals in 40 games for Celtic so it’s easy to understand why he’s being linked with a big-money move back south of the border.
Chelsea were strongly linked with a move for Dembele during the January transfer window but a move failed to materialise as Celtic refused to do business for their star man mid-season.
However, it looks like their resolve will be further tested as the Mirror are reporting that Arsenal have now joined the chase for his signature and will launch a move for the French under-21 international this summer.
Understandably, Celtic are keen to keep hold of the highly-rated striker but the newspaper says the Glasgow giants will sell if a £40m offer is put on the table.
That figure would be just under our current transfer record of the £42m we paid for Mesut Ozil so it would clearly be a significant outlay if we agreed to meet Celtic’s reported asking price.
However, Dembele could be worth the gamble as he’s a huge talent. I realise that there’s a big difference in quality between the SPL and Premier League, but this lad has all the attributes to be a real star.
With Alexis Sanchez’s future in doubt as he continues to stall on signing a new deal, we may need to bring in another top class goal-scorer this summer and Dembele would be an excellent addition.