- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
[Photo] Fears grow over condition of injured Arsenal star
Arsenal star Santi Cazorla doesn’t look like he’s any closer to returning to action after being spotted out in London wearing a slipper on his injured right foot.
Cazorla hasn’t played for Arsenal since aggravating a long-standin Achilles injury during our 6-0 thrashing of Ludogorets in the group stages of the Champions League back in mid-October.
The Spanish international underwent his first operation in December to try and rectify the issue and was initially expected to be out for around two to three months.
However, the 31-year-old suffered a setback which led to him undergoing the knife for a second time in January with Arsene Wenger refusing to put a time-scale on his recovery.
It looks as though Santi is still no closer to making his long-awaited comeback as the midfielder was snapped out in London last night wearing a slipper on his troublesome right foot.
Given that it looks like he can’t pull on a trainer yet, I think it’s safe to say Cazorla is still a long way from even returning to training, never mind playing for the first team again.
It’s getting to a stage where I think we’ll be fortunate to see Santi play again this season. If he does, I’d consider it to be a bonus.
Cazorla was pictured going for dinner with Nacho Monreal and Mesut Ozil at London restaurant Novikov after the team had beaten Hull City 2-0 at the Emirates earlier in the day.