- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
[Player Ratings] The Ox shines but Ozil flops as Arsenal beat Hull
Alexis Sanchez scored both goals as Arsenal secured a vital 2-0 win over Hull City at the Emirates this afternoon.
Here are my ratings:
Cech 7/10 | Made a smart stop to deny Niasse an equaliser. Vital save at an important time of the game.
Bellerin 7/10 | Was solid in defence and got in to some promising positions going forward. Cross could have been better though.
Mustafi 7/10 | A much better performance from the German. Read the game well and made a couple of important challenges.
Koscielny 7/10 | Caused a bit of trouble by Markovic’s pace but overall he had a solid game. Marshalled the back line well.
Gibbs 6.5/10 | Lucky to escape a red card midway through the second half after wiping out Markovic as the last man. Otherwise I though he well at left-back.
Oxlade-Chamberlain 8/10 | Another very positive display in the middle of the park. Some great runs and clearly keen to impress but perhaps a few too many Hollywood long balls. Still MOTM for me.
Coquelin 6/10 | Far too many misplaced passes in the first half but improved after the break. Still shouldn’t be near the first team once other players come back.
Walcott 6/10 | Another frustrating afternoon for Theo and he showed it following a spat with Maguire that got him booked. Only one half-chance to speak of.
Ozil 6/10 | Very sloppy performance from the German. Oddly, his touch wasn’t up to scratch and he missed a couple of decent chances. Poor form continues.
Iwobi 6/10 | Fortunate to keep his place and didn’t do enough to suggest he should start at Bayern. Passing was poor.
Sanchez 7.5/10 | On ‘hand’ to break the deadlock in the 35th minute with a fortunate ‘handball’ goal on the line. Drilled home the penalty to seal the three points.
Elneny 6/10 | On to shore things up midway through the second half.
Welbeck N/A | Good to see him get another 10 minutes under his belt.
Perez N/A | Won the penalty as his goal-bound header was saved on the line.
It was far from a convincing performance as we were still well below our best but the result is the most important thing. Let’s hope this win gives the lads a bit of confidence as we’re going to have to play a lot better against Bayern on Wednesday.