- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
Team news: Arsenal boss offers update on duo ahead of Hull clash
Arsene Wenger has offered an update on the fitness of Mohamed Elneny and Hector Bellerin ahead of Arsenal’s Premier League clash with Hull City this weekend.
Elneny has missed our last seven games in all competitions after helping Egypt reach the final of the Africa Cup of Nations and he scored in the final during a 2-1 defeat to Cameroon.
The midfielder was forced to miss the semi-final after picking up a calf injury and there were fears he was rushed back to feature in last weekend’s final.
However, thankfully Elneny didn’t suffer any reaction after playing against Cameroon and Wenger has now confirmed that the midfielder is back in contention to face Hull on Saturday.
Elneny’s return comes as a major boost as we have limited options in the middle of the park with Aaron Ramsey out with a calf injury, Granit Xhaka serving the last of his four-game ban while Santi Cazorla remains out with a long-term Achilles injury.
The boss also provided an update on Bellerin and says that a final decision over his availability this weekend will be made on Friday.
Hector suffered concussion following an elbow in the face by Marcos Alonso last weekend but he’s passed daily test this week and will be assessed when he returns to training tomorrow.
Personally, I think we should give Bellerin a little more time to recover and start Gabriel at right-back against Hull before recalling the Spaniard for our Champions League trip to Bayern Munich, but we’ll have to wait and see what the club decides to do.
Wenger told reporters this morning:
At Colney. Wenger: "Elneny is back. Apart from that, there is a question about Bellerin. He is going through tests, we'll know tomorrow."
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) February 9, 2017
"At the moment he (Bellerin) has not practised. Elneny has practised, he is fully-focused and has a great mentality." #AFC
— Mark Mann-Bryans (@MarkyMBryans) February 9, 2017