- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
Arsenal boss on reports he wants to sign £130k-a-week star
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has played down reports suggesting he wants to sign Joe Hart this summer after insisting he already has three world class goalkeepers to choose from.
The Daily Mail reported this morning that Wenger wants to buy a new first choice keeper at the end of the season after losing faith in Petr Cech.
The newspaper claims that the boss has identified out-of-favour Man City stopper Joe Hart as a potential new addition and is ready to fight it out with Liverpool over his signature.
Hart is currently impressing while on loan at Torino after being axed by Pep Guardiola and he’s expected to leave the Etihad on a permanent basis this summer with a move to a top Premier League club understood to be his preference.
The Mail suggest that City want to get his £130,000-a-week wages off the books and will be prepared to sell to a rival club for around £15m, which seems like a very reasonable fee for a keeper of Hart’s quality.
However, when quizzed about these reports at his pre-match press conference today, Wenger dismissed the notion that he wants a new No.1 and claimed that he already has three world class keepers at the club.
The boss is quoted as saying by the Mirror:
“I have three world-class goalkeepers and I am happy with what I have.”
Now I know Wenger likes to play games with the media but even this is a stretch for him. We’ve barely got one world class keeper left at the club, never mind three!
Sadly it does look like Cech’s best days are well and truly behind him so I’d like to see a new No.1 come in this summer as I also don’t think Ospina is the answer to our problems.
I also don’t think that Hart is good enough and we should be looking at someone like Jan Oblak from Atletico Madrid. We need a reliable keeper who’s going to save us 10-15 points a season and unfortunately Cech hasn’t turned out to be the man for the job. Oblak certainly would be and at 24, he’s only going to get better.